Pub Insurance

Raising the bar…


…for tailored insurance for the local pub


Going to the pub is a British tradition, and watering holes across the country are a hive of activity and key part of communities. We know how important pubs are, and that’s why we pride ourselves on working with landlords to provide custom-made protection.


If you run a licensed premises, whether it’s a pub, gastro pub or bar, whether you own a small local establishment or a chain of venues, the Full Time Cover team have the experience and expertise to source the best policy for your business.

Working with you to pour the perfect custom-made insurance cover.


If you choose Full Time Cover as your broker, we’ll sit down and find out all about your business. Working with you, we’ll then craft the perfect policy for your venue and staff.


Plus, when you insure through us, we will donate 20% of our commissions to a charity of your choice, in order to give something back to the community.

Get a quote

Key Features: 

  • Liabilities Insurance
  • Buildings, Contents and Stock cover
  • Business Interruption
  • Personal Contents Protection
  • Equipment Cover
  • Accidental / Weather Damage Cover
  • Theft
  • Commercial Kitchens / Freezer Contents
  • Loss of Licence


Get a quote

What are the types of cover?


Public Liability Insurance


This is designed to protect you if anyone injures themselves, has an accident, or damages their property on your premises. This is important, not only to protect you as a Landlord, but also your customers. If a customer fell down the stairs due to a loose handrail, or slipped on a recently mopped floor, you would be liable as it’s your responsibility to make sure your premises is safe for the public. People tripping over loose vacuum leads? Anywhere that sales alcohol, these measures are particularly important. Public Liability insurance covers compensation claims and importantly , offers you strong legal protection defending yourself. This is vital in what is a stressful situation – having the right cover in place before a situation arises is important and can save big headaches.


Employers Liability Insurance


If you employ anyone outside your immediate family, it is a a UK requirement of law to have employers liability insurance. Employers liability insurance means you are protected if a staff member gets injured or sick whilst at work. Your pub no doubt relies on a rota of hard working staff, from front of house, bar staff, chefs and porters if you serve food.  These staff regularly deal with high risk situations from dangerous equipment such as fryers, to strong chemicals and potentially intoxicated customers. If anything should happen to your staff, you want to make sure you have protection in place for them. Employers liability insurance can cover any compensation claims and legal costs.


Building Insurance


This is only necessary if you own the building. If you lease, then it is typically down to the owner of the building to arrange buildings cover.

However, if you do own the building then you need to work out the rebuild value. Remember – buildings insurance is not based on market value of the property or what you paid for it – it is the cost to rebuild the property. If you are unsure speak to us about our desktop valuations.


Contents Cover


This protects everything inside the building against theft, vandalism or damage caused, potentially, by fire or flood. Think about everything. Glasses, furniture, computer equipment. Do you have any stand out art or decoration? Is the bar specially made somewhere?  Think also about personal contents for you and your staff.


Cash on Site


Although most transactions are contactless these days, pubs can still typically handle a lot of cash. Cash on site cover offers protection if its kept in a locked safe overnight, or in transit to the bank.


Stock Insurance


This covers all stock such as wines , beers spirits and food. A common claim on stock insurance is freezer failure. If your freezer packs up and your frozen food is no longer suitable to sell, then it is possible to claim on your insurance policy for the wasted food.


Business Interruption Insurance


Most pubs will be insured for damage to their buildings and contents from floods, fire or other unexpected disasters. But these policies often won’t cover you for lost revenue if you’re unable to trade. Business interruption insurance could provide you with funds to pay staff, refill stock and rebuild your business. This is a big one, with lots of important factors to consider, particularly for pub owners.


Business Interruption insurance is usually sold in 12, 24 and 36 month periods. Which period you buy cover for is one down to you and dependent on your business and premium expectations. You need to consider just how long it will take to build your business from ground up. If you have a fire, will your beloved regulars find another watering hole? How long until they come back? Do you happen to run another pub nearby? Could they drink there in the interim. Business Interruption insurance in many ways is the most important to get right, because the sums involved can be large, and can be  make or break in survival of your business should catastrophe arise. We have seen in many cases, businesses are often underinsured in this area, so it’s important to take time out and give accurate numbers on revenue and wageroll.


Loss of licence cover?


In order to sell alcohol, public houses need to have an appropriate alcohol licence. A licence could be revoked or not renewed for a number of reasons outside of your control which is why it is important to protect your pub against such a loss.


Loss of licence insurance can offer protection following the suspension, withdrawal or forfeiture of your alcohol licence due to licensing regulations or refusal to renew by the licensing authority. It could cover you for both loss of profit and other expenses reasonably incurred to maintain your gross profit


Get a quote

FAQ Pub Insurance


Why don’t you do quote online insurance?


Your business is important to you, and your cover is important to us. We feel you can only achieve the right cover through a quick chat and getting to know you. Our friendly staff know exactly what to ask, so the chat wont take too much of your time.


What do I need to think about before calling?


Things that are helpful to know during a call:

What security measures have you got in place? CCTV? Intruder Alarm? Safe model?

The more specifics you can give, the better an understanding we get and this reflects in your premiums.

Do you have staff training and inductions?

What hazardous cooking equipment do you have?

Does your pub have later than usual opening hours?

If you serve food, how many covers do you have?

What is your claims history? If you have any claims, what were they for? And helpfully – what did you do to ensure they don’t happen again?


Can I pay in Instalments?


Yes, please ask about our low interest instalment plan.

Get a quote


Insurance with a difference

Icon for leading sports insurance broker Full-time Cover


We arrange all of your insurance requirements for a transparent fee.

Icon for leading sports insurance broker Full-time Cover


We give 20% of that fee back to a charity chosen by you.

Icon for leading sports insurance broker Full-time Cover

Peace of Mind

We only work with trusted insurers, so you can be assured you're in safe hands.


    Please do not disclose sensitive information.

    We endeavour to respond to all enquiries within two working days.